The Biowave 3 offers all the benefits and capabilities of a research grade Life Science spectrophotometer with the robust design and reasonable cost that also makes it perfect for students. The Biowave 3+ is a higher resolution 3nm bandwidth version. This instrument has a 2 year warranty and the Xenon lamp has a 3 year warranty.
Built in Life Science Methods
Pre-programmed methodologies for nucleic acid quantification (DNA, RNA and oligonucleotides), protein assays (BCA, Biuret, Bradford and Lowry) and for cell culture density (OD600) measurements. The visualisation of the nucleic acid scan is particularly useful, especially for RNA samples where impurities may be present in the 230 nm region, yet not have an adverse effect on the A260/A280 ratio. The system is compatible with low volume UV cuvettes
In kinetics mode, the basic plot of absorbance against time may be supplemented with the result for A/min, plus the correlation coefficient is also calculated for the duration of the assay. This slope may be multiplied automatically by a factor to convert it directly to rate of reaction.
Flexible Data Export Options
Results may be downloaded to a USB flash drive or printed to an optional integrated graphical printer for a permanent record. Alternatively results can be exported via a cable connection to a suitable PC running Print Via Computer (PVC) software or wireless Bluetooth® accessory (optional).
- Split Beam (RBC) UV/Vis Spectrophotometer 190-1100nm (Choice of 3nm or 5nm bandwidth versions)
- Pre-programmed methods for DNA, RNA, Oligos, proteins and cell density
- Nucleic acid scans for purity checking
- Low volume capability with Microvolume cuvettes
- Novel optics with a Xenon source for long lamp lifetime and low running costs
- Lightweight and stackable for storage