Use Corning Elplasia plates to generate, culture, and analyze hundreds to thousands of spheroids all in a standard plate footprint. Corning Elplasia plates are available in multiple formats, two well geometry types, and two surface coatings. The only plates with a simple “plug and play” protocol for scaffold-free, self-assembly spheroid formation at large volumes.
Novel well geometry and surface coatings, including Corning Ultra Low Attachment (ULA) featured on the round bottom plates. Corning ULA surface is hydrophilic, biologically inert and non-degradable, which promotes highly reproducible spheroid formation and easy harvesting. Corning Elplasia round bottom plates optimal for bulk spheroid formation, collection and expansion.
Square bottom plates feature a surface with optical qualities suited for image analysis, making them an ideal solution for clonal selection and high magnification imaging of very small clusters. The Elplasia square plate is well suited for screening programs as it generates a high volume of spheroids per well, allowing for higher signals per well.
- Spheroids may be formed and cultured for 21 or more days
- Can produce between 79 – 15,000+ spheroids per well, depending on plate format, under one culture condition
- The high volume of spheroids generated in each well increase signals per well without increasing spheroid size
- Black opaque sidewalls to reduce well-to-well “cross-talk”
- Well suited for fluorescent/luminescent assays
- Available in multiple formats, two well geometries and surface coating options